General Race Rules
- The rules governing competitors on the day of the Event are those of the UK Athletics Association known as the “UK Athletics Rules for Competition. A copy of these rules can be found at http://www.britishathletics.org.uk/competitions/rules/
- You must be over the age of 15 years old on the day of the Event.
- The wearing of headphones, or similar devices, (other than those medically prescribed), is not permitted. Failure to follow these instructions may lead to your disqualification from the Event.
- Any disputes arising at the Event shall be referred to the Event Referee and / or Event Director(s) whose decision shall be final.
- You must respect and follow instructions from all Event Staff & Management at all times during the race. If you are found to be verbally or physically abusive to Staff, Volunteers, Spectators or fellow runners we reserve the right to disqualify you from the race & ban you from future races.
- Copies of licences for the Event will be available at the Event and can be inspected upon request.
British Athletics introduced a new rule with effect from 1st April 2016, Rule 240 S 5, regarding the wearing of headphones:
The wearing of headphones, or similar devices, (other than those medically prescribed), is not permitted in races on any single carriageway road that is not wholly closed to traffic.
So in short - the wearing of headphones is prohibited. Any entrant that decides to ignore this rule will be disqualified.
There will no no general availability of entries for the 2022 Tenby 10k. Entries for this years event are being taken from the 2020 event, which was cancelled with all entrants being deferred to 2022.
Your Race Pack, which includes your running number and timing chip (attached to bib) will be sent out in starting the first week of July. If you are away and will be unable to receive your Race Pack prior to race day please let us know as soon as possible and we may be able to send your Race Pack out earlier. If all else fails you will be able to collect your race pack from race HQ on the morning of the event.
All runners who complete the event are eligible to receive a finishers t-shirt. These must be collected after crossing the finishing line. There will be a table set out with the various sizes, and you will be given the size chosen when you entered the Event. You may be able to swap sizes should any spare t-shirts be available after all competitors have received their t-shirts.
IMPORTANT: If you decide to withdraw from the event we will not be able to send you a t-shirt.
Race Numbers / Timing Chips
You will be provided with a race number with time chip attached. This makes them harder to lose :) Your race number must be worn on the front of your t-shirt and must be visible at all times during the Event. Before competing in the Event, you must complete the contact and medical details form which can be found on the reverse of your Event race number in case of medical emergency
Race Day Procedures
We will start sending out the race packs starting the first week of July. Should you not have received you race pack within a week of the race please contact us. There is no need to register on the day as you will have received everything you need.
Baggage storage will be in the Tenby 10k event trailer, this will be at your own risk, though it will be manned and therefore should be safe. Space is limited so we will operate this service on a first come first serve basis.
Public toilets are available near the start.
The fastest male and female runners will receive a prize. There will be cash prizes for all the age category winners. Please be aware that it is the policy of the Tenby 10k that the overall winners will not be eligible to receive their respective age category prizes.
If we reach our entry limit prior to the closing date we will open a waiting list. This list will be processed on a first-come, first-serve basis. If any places become available we will contact you directly.
Transfers & Withdrawals
If following your application to enter the Event You subsequently decide for whatever reason not to compete in the Event, you may withdraw from the Event.
IMPORTANT: Please not we operate a strict no refund policy and we shall not be liable for any losses you may suffer as a result of withdrawing.
Your entry into the Event is transferable, meaning that another person can compete in the Event under your competitor number in your place should you wish to Transfer. No refund will be made and transfers must be made no later than Sunday 26th of June 2022.
- All transfers must be made no later than Sunday 26th of June 2022. No refund will be made and the transferor is responsible for obtaining any monies due by the transferee.
- Depending on the time of transfer, it may not be possible to change the t-shirt size selected when initially entering the race.
To transfer your place to someone else, please complete Transfer Request form by clicking on the link below.